Monday 23 November 2015

Zucchini Lasagne made from Garden next door.

 When we left the lake in September we were lucky enough to take with us a number of the Pilling (Janet & Glen) zucchini; really extra large zucchini. I still had one left today so I made zucchini lasagne. My third try. First time too runny. Second time not spicy enough.

Peel zucchini, slice it and lay it on towels. Then take salt and salt it. The salt will take the moisture out of it. If you leave out this step, your lasagne will be extra runny and not so tasty. Found this out by experience.
You can see the water coming from the zucchini in just five minutes or so. Wipe the moisture from the zucchini with paper towels or more kitchen towels. Then turn zucchini over and salt it again. This does not make the dish too salty. I was surprised myself. Keep wiping away the moisture on the zucchini.

I used ground turkey for my meat. Use any recipe making sure the sauce is very thick. The point is, use zucchini from the garden next door.


Such delicious lasagne. Third time perfect.






No comments :

Post a Comment