Wednesday 7 December 2016

Avocado & White Bean Salad with Vinaigrette

This looked so good to me that I wanted to print it out and make it later.

I love the ingredients and am always looking for a way to use white beans.

I think this will work beautifully, and if I post the recipe here I will be able to find it later.

So here goes:

Avocado & White Bean Salad with Vinaigrette

- 1 can white beans
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/4 sweet onion chopped (or less or none if you're not a fan of onions)

That's the salad base and here's the vinaigrette:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice 
- fresh or dried basil to taste (I prefer using fresh)
- garlic, finely chopped to taste (a little does a lot so go light on the garlic)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon mustard
Whisk vinaigrette ingredients together then pour over salad base and mix well. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. Viola! Yummy vegan veggie deliciousness. And extra points because my husband loves this salad. If a man likes it it passes the food test and isn't just "healthy chick food".

This recipe came from 23 Vegan Meals with Tons of Protein

No comments :

Post a Comment